Saturday, October 25, 2008

Financial Frenzy

Even though the world is in such a financial crisis, I keep getting these credit offers in the mail each week. The amounts continue to creep higher and higher with offers of more perks. I think there is a reason for this. The credit industry has figured out that I am very close to leaving them in a cloud of dust. Other than my house, I owe very little. Much less than the national average I think. I have taught my children that credit is not necessary to live. Within the year I should finally be completely free of the credit industry. Once in that position I will open a new account that is to be used for one purpose only. The continuance of my credit rating. In other words this account will be paid in full each and every month and that is all.

That reminds me, I need to pull my credit report again to check on my progress. I do this twice a year to see where I stand.

I have already made my choice for my stock purchase in November. I will buy into BHP as I need to diversify a bit. It's only $100.00 not a fortune. My stocks havent done too badly through all this, its my mutual fund that stinks. Luckly I didnt have too much in that fund. However I have taken some of Buffetts lessons to heart. I buy to hold for a lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. I got on the list that restricts those credit card offers, so I don't see them anymore. Good for you, that you have worked yourself out of debt. I have experienced an awakening myself about money.

    ReplyDelete